A coming of age movie that shows the life of a group of skater friends in the 90s. Here’s my review of MID90s!
Author: Jeremy Jahns
hahahaha….90s kid here, I still use all that same terminology.
This movie was dope! Was not expecting to laugh as hard as I did. I recommend watching it with your buddies. Just made it that much funnier.
Well thats gay
Where is “The Hate U Give” movie review?
I know you could afford new teeth. It’s like a sharks talking at me but nicely so I’m confused. Keep up the great work. Like that insult compliment
The 90s produced the f$#@ing millennials … Nuff said
trash the movie disappointed
Great movie. I love it.
sweet phat hard beasty
Let’s see if Jonah Hill actually did a good job or if this is just A24 hype.
If you get offended by words you’re a fegget. LuL Kappa
This movie was awesome
The good thing about this movie is that it shows you how Teenagers truly are. I had a few hangups about each character except one
1. I disliked how The main character kid (Sunburn) lashed out at his mom in the car and at home. Sunburn was written to be the favorite.
2. I disliked almost everything about “Fuckshit” I really wanted somebody to beat the dog shit out of him. He was talking reckless to sunburn’s mom. Even when he bumped into Sunburn’s brother and started talking shit I wanted him to get knocked the fuck out. He was jealous and envious of his friend who wanted to make it in skating. If Jonah wanted me to like this character or think he was cool, he failed! But I understand this is how some Teenagers are. Trust me I remember. When I was skating I was bumped into like this and he tried to show out at the skate park instead of saying “my bad”. He got his ass beat! and my friends beat they friends ass when they tried to jump in.
3. Ruben only hang up with me is his resentment towards sunburn. He was the youngest next to Sunburn maybe only a year older. He was the first to talk to Sunburn and bring him around. Sometimes when a teen is always talked to like shit by his friends and family he begins to feel that’s the way you show your friendship and affection towards each other. Especially the people you look up to and think is cool. Nobody acknowledges or congratulates you on anything you do so you start to think it’s normal. This character was written to be hated but I think his anger was towards the wrong person.
4. 4th grade was cool
5. The Black kid talked crazy to Ruben and treated him like shit, it felt like this even before Sunburn came into the picture. He also shitted on 4th grade dreams and ideas implying that he was too dumb to make it in film. Fuckshit did the same. But that’s about it. This character was written to be co-favorite.
6. The brother was fucked up to his little brother, by snitching on him,punching him(body shots only) was mad at the world and being to scared to fight “Fuckshit”. This character was written to be hated.
But after all is said and done it reminded me of my teen years. It showed the good and bad sides of these kids. Some things I relate to and some things I don’t. Its never cool to cuss your mom out or letting your friends disrespect her. Teenagers go through asshole phases even with their own family and friends. Trust me when they grow up and look back it will be some things they laugh at,be proud of, and be ashamed of. Pretty good movie though 8/10
You know its a good movie when you were born in 2004 and makes you felt nostalgic
I was a 90’s kid myself. I am going to see this-lol. Times were more simple and relaxing back then.
i felt he couldve done a better job of evoking a 90s feel
Im pretty sure they were playing super nintendo
“Final Fantasy 7 wasn’t gonna beat itself!” ahahahaha!
You clearly didn’t watch the movie it really seems like, your really rewording everything that happened in the trailer
i liked this movie much more than i thought i was going to. a good watch
I saw it this past Monday and it was amazing
Definitely couldve used another 15 minutes, but i really loved this film. Jonah does a great job representing a culture i grew up in and am still a part of. Cant wait to see whats next for the young and powerful Jonah Hill. I give this a 4 out of 5 schmoes.
Funny that one of the Skate boarders is called Fuck Shit.
This was a good movie bit I’d be hard pressed to call it “sweet”
People gotta understand times were different back then. “That’s gay” i still use it and my friend that’s gay doesn’t care at all lmao
What about the hip hop aspect of it ? Jonah kept talking bout it in his interviews. Was that just a ploy to get the hip hop community to watch it ? I would hope not
I’m glad I grew up in the 90’s and that there was no social media.
One of the best films i have seen this year… maybe this decade… it hit me in a very special way….. wow, Bravo Mr. Hill
That kid (Sunny) was just in The House With A Clock In Its Walls. Landed Mid90s movie almost right away. Good for him. Watched this movie mainly bc nostalgia. I liked it.
I loved this movie. Buy it on blu-ray
I hope this gets more buzz than titanic
It was really good. Someone left the theater in the middle of the “love” scene. I thought that was great.
Kids still used that language
If rebirth is real, I wanna be born again in the mid 80s so I can experience the 90s
Trust me jeremy, im a highschooler and nobody uses “that’s lame” we all still use “GAYYYYY”
Oh the 90’s, I member!
59 people didn’t beat Final Fantasy VII!